Full Military Funeral Service for the late Retired Deputy Commissioner Erold Farquharson
Posted on April 10, 2017
by RBPF Public Affairs and Communications Office
Full Military Funeral Service will be held for the late Erold Edward Farquharson, QPM, CPM Deputy Commissioner of Police (Retired) at 11:00am. on Thursday, 13th April, 2017 at the New Bethlehem Baptist Church, Independence Drive.
The service will be conducted by Rev Dr. Everette J. Brown assisted by Father Stephen Davies, Police Force Chaplain.
Interment will follow at the Lakeview Memorial Gardens Cemetery, John F. Kennedy Drive and Gladstone Road.
The late Erold Edward Farquharson began his career as a Police Officer on the 6 th October 1958 when he enlisted as a recruit constable at the Police Training School, Police Headquarters, East Street. After completing his training at the Training School, he was posted at the following Divisions:
- Special Company
- Force Paymaster
- Staff Officer
- Southern Division
- Central Division
- Traffic Division
- New Providence District
- Traffic & Family Island District
- Grand Bahama District
- Police Headquarters Administration
Mr. Farquharson's dedication to duty was rewarded with the following promotions:
Mr. Farquharson attended the following courses:-
- Corporal 1964
- Sergeant 1968
- Inspector 1970
- Assistant Superintendent 1974
- Deputy Superintendent 1981
- Superintendent 1983
- Chief Superintendent 1985
- Assistant Commissioner 1987
- Deputy Commissioner 1994
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Government Budgeting and Accounting - 1976
- General Police Duties, Metropolitan Police Hendon, UK- 1970
- Management by Objective Seminar-
- Management Improvement Course- 1982
- Public Administration, Sidney Australia- 1982
- Administrative Cadet Course- 1982
- Project Implementation & Management, Caribbean Development
- Overseas Command course. Police Staff College, Bramshill, UK- 1988
- Executive Development, US Department of Justice, FBI San Juan,
Puerto Rico- 1988
- Senior Command Attachment, England- 1993
SIB Course, England- 1993
- Community Policing Seminar, Canada- 1995
He was awarded the following Medals:
He was assessed while at The Staff College in Bramshill, United Kingdom as was described as an officer with natural dignity and integrity which, together with his professional ability has enabled him to gain the respect of staff and colleague alike.
- CPM for Meritorious Service- 1970
- Good Conduct & Long Service Medal-
- Queen Police Medal (QPM)- 2000
Mr. Farquharson, after completing some forty one (41) years on the Police Force retired from active duty on 31 st December 1999.
He will be missed by his wife, children, family, friends and colleagues, may his soul rest in peace.
On Wednesday, 12 th April 2017 at 8:30am, the body of the late Erold Farquharson will be lie in the Paul Farquharson Conference Center, Police Headquarters for viewing by the public,officials, senior and junior officers.
SEE RECENT NEWS